• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

My 1985 TA "Munch."

jpossibul

Reaction score
My 1985 Pontiac TA "Munch." Been in the family for 30 years....I have owned it for the last 11.

pontiactransamforum-com-1985-pontiac-ta-munch-photo-1.jpg

pontiactransamforum-com-1985-pontiac-ta-munch-photo-2.jpg

jpossibul

Reaction score
Actually, a LOT of them except they are all stock mods. I bought an 89 formula "donor" car to put the TPI motor in it. Had it completely rebuilt/line honed/ and new throughout. So along with that, ALL the wiring harnesses etc had to be changed over - dash had to be pulled to put all that stuff in. I put a 5-speed transmission in it - which is now new as well. The car "could" have come that way in 85, but it had the computer carb automatic in it. I wanted to keep it "stock" - just wasn't exactly the current stock configuration it is now.

jpossibul

Reaction score
My brother did most of that.....but had to add a slave cylinder, change the pedals, etc. It wasn't too bad. The rear end gearing hasn't been changed over so it goes 75 mph at about 1500 rpm. 1st gear takes off quick!!! I kind of wish I would have left it automatic because I am not out racing when I drive it.....I am kind of past the days of driving around like my butt is on fire!! lol! Automatic is great for cruising around town when there are a bunch of stop lights.