• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

2018 Buick Firebird Trans Am?

CRZTRBO

Reaction score
pontiactransamforum-com-2018-buick-firebird-design.jpg

Is GM thinking of bringing back the Firebird Trans Am under the Buick brand? This can't be real, can it?

I also didn't know where to post this so I posted it in the Off Topic Forum.

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

schotrod

Reaction score
I read in one of the car mags (Car Craft, I think...) a mention that GM had been in talks with Trans Am Worldwide to license or just buy outright the rights to the modernized TA they are building using brand new Camaro donors.

Plus, since GM has already introduced non-badged vehicles, meaning they use the GM brand like on the 4-door "GM Sedan" they hauled around to car shows a few years ago.

A Trans Am could easily be introduced that would not compete directly with the Corvette.

My thought is that it could be a platform used to compete with things like the limited edition Dodge Demon or even the Ford GT.

Can you imagine a 2019 or 2020 GM Firebird (Trans Am or not) with all the computerized traction control and launch capabilities of the Demon which includes a spare set of tires for racing plus the ability to order it WITHOUT a passenger and backseats...?!

Just my 2 cents...

Deanna1978

Reaction score
I more wish they'd leave it alone. Too afraid they'd mess it up. Besides this is gonna sound terrible but I'll never buy another GM, not with how they are closing factories and killing jobs here in the country that made them. I'd buy the Challenger first. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard TA fanatic, and always will be but it's a different time now.

9T8WS6

Reaction score
I more wish they'd leave it alone. Too afraid they'd mess it up. Besides this is gonna sound terrible but I'll never buy another GM, not with how they are closing factories and killing jobs here in the country that made them. I'd buy the Challenger first. Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard TA fanatic, and always will be but it's a different time now.

Rumor has it the Camaro line is about to go away as did the TA. Next year?

That would leave the brothers in Florida to find a new donor car to make the Trans Am they now build. Since they bought the Trans Am name period I doubt they would relinquish that name unless GM made them an offer they can't refuse.

Not from Don Vito but from the many Million dollar club.

Actually, I believe that would kill their name brand and business for the new TA they build. I guess the rebuild business could continue for those that can afford it.

I'm old and when I was a young lad the Buick was for OLD people. With exception of the 60's era Riviera.

Hard to believe a Camaro look-alike would come from Buick but I guess anything is possible.

Who would have ever thought GM would kill off the Pontiac line??

This will be interesting to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Knightrider189