• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Searching For My Texas 1979 Trans Am From 1991

shaneallaire01

Reaction score
I know this is a super long shot, but I've been searching for my 1979 6.6litre Trans Am that my family owned up to 1992.

It was sold to a lawyer in East Texas in 1992 or 1993.

When my family owned it, it was white with light blue lettering in a script rather than blocky lettering.

It had aftermarket 15x8 rims and chrome with white centers.

I saw it one time, years later.

At that time, the lawyer had given it to his son, who had painted the car black, and it faded into blue at the bottom.

The lawyer has since passed, and I don't have any information on the son.

I can't find a VIN from my time owning the vehicle; the state does not keep records that far back with just the license plate number and old owner information.

The interior was blue velour withtwo2 tone blue door panels and darker blue plastics in the rear and around the t-tops.

It's an automatic car.

I'd pay a finder fee if anyone has a lead that points me in an accurate direction.

I don't know if the car is still roadworthy, restored, or has found its way to the scrap yard.

It was immaculate in 1991, but that's been over 30 years.

These are the only photos I have, but as I mentioned, it was repainted black by the next owner.

1979 Trans Am 1.jpg

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am