• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Roll Bar installation (Herb Adams)

Danielle

Reaction score
Good evening.

I am new to the forum.

I just bought a Herb Adams roll bar for my car.

I was wondering if anyone has any pics of one actually mounted in a car.

I cannot find any shots of the back of any FireAms, which is what this came out of, or the rear interior of any other car for that matter to show proper placement.

I have a general idea of where it gets mounted but always like to have clarification.

TY in advance.

Maxthe222

Reaction score
Hi Danielle, if you need some help mounting it, check out this video by F-bodywarehouse, it's the mounting instructions for a Hooker Show Bar, which is was VSE used for roll bars.

By any chance, would you consider selling it?

You do need to cut up your interior to make it fit, and there are definitely more practical options for roll bars than the hooker show bar.

I actually do have a Fire Am in need of an original Hooker Show Bar, so it would be going to a good home!

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

TOG

Reaction score
VSE Roll Bar installed in 1978 Fire Am built using a 1973 body and 1971 455 HO engine.

The original Herb Adams-supplied Corbeau GT seats and harnesses have been replaced with modern seating that can recline new harnesses.

Still own this car today.

VSE Roll Bar1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am