• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

New Member here

9T8WS6

Reaction score
Good Day. I am new to this site.

I am a member at another but discovered this site tonight and wanted to become a part of it as well.

I have owned 2 Trans Am's. We bought a new T/A in Jan 80 and kept it until Nov 2006. 26 years and Yes, I wish I had it back.

We bought our next T/A in April 1998. 22 years now and still have it. It's still our baby. It's pretty much all original with the exception of
a few items that just wear out. I've replaced both front parking lamp assemblies due to frequent water intrusion blowing bulbs.

Replaced the 3rd brake light assembly due to spider web cracking. Replaced both window motors. I kept the old units for old time's sake.

If I ever sell it, I will have the items removed if the next person wants them. I am about to replace the headlight motors soon.

These finally started giving me trouble a few months ago with open and close. Last month the right side finally started the grinding noise.

I have new units for replacement but waiting for warmer weather since I'm thinking that will be an ALL day affair for me.

I've looked at a number of Youtube videos but they have a lot to be desired for following.

That's about it for me.

Thanks for your time reading my useless information. (GRIN)

Last edited by a moderator: