• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Looking for help finding a fiberglass rear spoiler

Reaction score
Hello, In my experience, when you need to find something out about a car, forget the repair shops and dealerships, the people to ask are forums like this.

I took on helping my father-in-law with his 89 Firebird.

I've already rebuilt the pop-up headlight motors, tore down the steering column to fix the turn signals, and rebuilt the power antenna with a broken inner cable.

If anyone needs to rebuild their power antenna, get the inner cable out of a trunk power antenna from a Buick from the mid-80s.

Easy to find and no rust issues.

That's what I've messed with on it thus far.

The next can of worms I've opened up is the classic issue of the rubber rear spoiler rusting out.

I already removed the old spoiler.

Does anyone have a source I can check into for a new or used fiberglass aero wing wrap-around spoiler for a better price than $400?

The best I could find was $365 off eBay new plus freight plus finishing and paint.

If anyone knows where I can get one cheaper, perhaps used that is already Firebird red, all the better.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knightrider189

Reaction score
Check with Hawks Motor Sports.

Black 1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7L, WS6, automatic, T-tops, all OEM...

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am
Reaction score
Check with Hawks Motor Sports.

Black 1989 Pontiac Formula Firebird 5.7L, WS6, automatic, T-tops, all OEM...
Hawks want that $400 plus, and I was hoping to find something cheaper used.

Plus, used means it was already fitted, and sometimes there are fitment issues with fiberglass repops.

I'm sure there is someone that has one in their rafters somewhere off of a long-gone car, just got to put the feelers out and find it :)

pbjhleba

Reaction score
I have an 85 d81 aero spoiler that is sort of rubbery and black, very hard to find option, and no need for painting.

4ead2fda1eacd9b2656ef6be31b7b4ee.jpg

205742786c68a2fdc93e1190468b8d52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
pbjhleba, thanks for the kind offer.

I should have posted back that I bit the bullet and bought one on eBay.

I will have to paint it when I get a chance, but the price was right.

Thanks again for posting to let me know, I'm sure someone will be very happy to take you up on it though.

Reactions: Knightrider189