• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

How Much HP? How Can I Get More Performance?

88trans am owner11

Reaction score
I have an 88 trans am I only know it had a 305 from the factory it could have had a 350 swap because it does have a decent amount of work done to it.

Edelbrock performer manifold, Edelbrock performer carb, k&n air cleaner, three-inch exhaust, and headers (not sure if the brand) what could I possibly have for hp it has decently low mileage (95k).

I was just wondering also assuming it’s a 305 what could I do for hp gains and also it could have more work done to it idk yet I haven’t disassembled it or anything at all I might do it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pontiac Trans Am

Smokey
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.pontiactransam.com
I have an 88 trans am I only know it had a 305 from the factory it could have had a 350 swap because it does have a decent amount of work done to it.

Edelbrock performer manifold, Edelbrock performer carb, k&n air cleaner, three-inch exhaust, and headers (not sure if the brand) what could I possibly have for hp it has decently low mileage (95k).

I was just wondering also assuming it’s a 305 what could I do for hp gains and also it could have more work done to it idk yet I haven’t disassembled it or anything at all I might do it though.
To be honest, doing anything to a 305 really is a waste of money friend.

Thank you,
PTA Staff

Reactions: Knightrider189