• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Hood Installation

cesar1965

Reaction score
Hi, you all! I'm going to change the hood on my 1998 T/A and wondering if anyone has done it and come across any issues I should pay attention too or might have any tips to make it easier!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CRZTRBO

cesar1965

Reaction score
What hood are you going to change it to @cesar1965?
I am installing a ram Air hood that came off of a 2000 T/A. At this time I'm not changing the air box to make the ram air functional, (that will come later), but since I'm thinking of a fresh paint job soon, I want to have this hood installed, aligned and ready to go.

cesar1965

Reaction score
Should be an easy swap over make sure you have help and don't slam the hood until you had it all nice and aligned up.
Thanks, I didn't think there was going to be anything special swapping hoods, but I figure I checked with you guys just to be in the safe side!

cesar1965

Reaction score
TRANSAM11.jpg
TRANSAM12.jpg
TRANSAM12.jpg

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

GMMAN00

Reaction score
Hi, you all! I'm going to change the hood on my 1998 T/A and wondering if anyone has done it and come across any issues I should pay attention too or might have any tips to make it easier!

Thanks in advance.
What hood type are you replacing it with? That will be a big help in answering your question. If it from a donor Trans Am ( original equipment) or is it a A/M builder, the question will be much easier to answer!

Reactions: cesar1965

cesar1965

Reaction score
What hood type are you replacing it with? That will be a big help in answering your question. If it from a donor Trans Am ( original equipment) or is it a A/M builder, the question will be much easier to answer!
Thanks, the hood is A/M, came off of a 2000 Firebird, I installed this weekend. No issues other than most of the stock hardware didn't work, had to find bolts with a different thread. Fortunately I had all the needed bolts in my "assorted bolts" container! lol. There are some pictures in my previews reply. Thanks for the response thought.

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am

GMMAN00

Reaction score
Thanks, the hood is A/M, came off of a 2000 Firebird, I installed this weekend. No issues other than most of the stock hardware didn't work, had to find bolts with a different thread. Fortunately I had all the needed bolts in my "assorted bolts" container! lol. There are some pictures in my previews reply. Thanks for the response thought.
I am manager of a Cadillac dealership bodyshop, I work during the day so I will not be of help until the evening hours. Sounds like you already have it figured out though. If you need assistance shoot me a note & I will get back to you in the evening!