• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

HELLO FROM NEW MEMBER, AUTHOR IN CALIFORNIA

autotraveler

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Rich Truesdell and if my name looks familiar, it's because I've contributed to many automotive magazines over the past 20+ years.

I need help. Right now, today, I am finishing a book for Quattro/Motorbooks, Maximum Muscle, a book celebrating the 50th anniversary of muscle car's greatest year, 1970.

Over the last month or so I normally would have been filling in the need for missing photos but that simply hasn't happened so I'm turning to social media and the forums to fill in my needs. And the last of my needs are for a set of photos of an original or restored to original specifications, 1970 Trans Am. I thought I had one but it was a 1972 model, which won't work.

If you own a 1970 Trans Am, especially if it's already photographed, and you took the photos or hold rights to the photos, can I ask you for a few photos?

Here's what I need.

1. Three exterior photos, front three-quarter, side-profile, rear three-quarter (prefer not take at eye-level, prefer waist-level or especially from above (I think that's the Trans Am's best angle). Leave space around the car, don't crop in camera too tight.

2. Three underhood shots, from each side and center, from above (prefer shots that were taken in shade so there's no contrasting shadows)

3. Interior shots, taken from each open door and a shot of the instrument panel and center stack (make sure that the steering wheel is straight across, emblem up)

4. A shot or two of the tunk showing the spare tire.

5. As many detail shots of the details, things like the wheel/tire setup (emblems up if possible), a hood detail shot of the hood scoop, any badges you like, things like that.

Here's a link to a guide I've published on how you can photograph your car for publication.

If you can help, please contact me via email.

I'm way overdue in getting these photos submitted so I'm really looking for 1970 Trans-Am owners who have already photographed their cars and can get photos to me quickly.

Here's a chance to have your car in a major automotive coffee table book, scheduled to be released in October, just before the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (where I will be signing copies) and available on Amazon and at other retailers like Barnes and Noble.

Thank You for your help,

Richard Truesdell
Former Contributing Editor, Pontiac Enthusiast, Muscle Car Review, Musclecar Enthusiast
nine-five-one-229-two-nine-89

autotraveler

Reaction score
@autotraveler welcome to the family. ;)

Can anyone help?

I'm running out of time.

The editor is going to go to Mecum to get shots there unless I can get something quick. I would rather get a car owned by an enthusiast rather than one, no matter how nice, sold at auction.

Look for me on Facebook, my timeline is facebook.com/richard.truesdell.3.

You can PM me there for a quick response.