• Welcome to the Pontiac Trans Am Community, the Official Home of the PTA! Sign up for a (FREE) account today!

Edelbrock Performer Intake With Quick Fuel Carb Trans Kickdown Cable Issue.

Hammertyme

Reaction score
Ok, my dad and I are doing the finishing touches to my little brother's bird, and he's got a blueprint and balance of 6.6L with a performer intake and a quick fuel carb.

Our dilemma is we cannot figure out how to mount the bracket for the kick-down cable for the transmission; from where it's supposed to mount, it's maxed out meaning as soon as the pedal is pushed it's gonna kick down which is obviously not right.

So I am open to suggestions, answers, anything, guys.

These things got about 500hp, and we were dying to smoke off the first inaugural pair of tires, haha, so please and thanks.

Ps, please excuse the wire mess; she'll be taken care of, haha.

161793367379885448885179076558.jpg
16179337147707834470843850388260.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bob

Reaction score
Holley makes all types of adaptor brackets for relocation of your kick-down cable, as do many others.

That being said, certain style kick-down cables are adjustable, there is a release/locking mechanism unlock it hook up the cable to the throttle lever and by hand go to wide-open throttle this will pull the housing threw don't force it to pull threw it will make a clicking type sound as its pulling out lock the cable in place and your good to go.

Test drive to verify kick down is working properly.

The kick down has to be adjusted properly or you could hurt the transmission. I hope this helps you.

Reactions: Pontiac Trans Am